Arkell House. Open from the 8th March 2016
Open from the 10th January 2017
- The allure of the coast holds timeless appeal whatever the time of year.Rathlin is Northern Ireland's only permanently inhabited offshore island, and sits like a stepping stone in the Sea of Moyle. Situated off the North coast of County Antrim Northern Ireland, its closest Scottish neighbours are Jura, Islay and the Mull of Kintyre.
- Rathlin is a busy and vibrant place which attracts thousands of visitors every year. There, all your senses are stimulated by the sea and you are left in no doubt that you are on an island.
- We offer you the luxury of staying In a Bed and breakfast basis in Arkell House. This beautiful house is right on the water’s edge and has a fantastic suite on the top floor where you can spoil yourself or someone else! The rooms are comfortable and beautifully furnished with antiques and soft furnishings galore. Children and small dogs are welcome Dogs are welcome by arrangement
- We have equipped the bed and breakfast with couples and with children in mind and there are plenty of books and games should the weather disappoint. As a family you can explore the beach and check out the many rock pools that litter the coast of the island. You can discover the many sea creatures that inhabit the diverse pools. Then gather your beach paraphernalia- think buckets and spades, water wings and fishing nets....the list goes on. We can pack you a picnic hamper and you head to the beach or the many remote areas of the island for hours of relaxation.
We can also offer guests the chance to arrive on the island in style and comfort Rathlin cottages has a commercially coded passenger boat named Alhamdulillah which can be utilised for private guest transfers at the coast of 10 pounds per person return ( child discounts apply ) You can arrive directly to the island or ( weather permitting) a detour can be made to the Rue point where the seals can be closely observed
- Those of you staying without children can spend days relaxing or walking hand in hand along the many quiet roadways and paths.
- We can offer discounts of the normal season rate if there you are staying for two nights or more . Check out our St Valentines day offers or contact us if you are planning something special. We will do all we can to make your holiday as special as it can be. For those of a romantic inclination, it doesn't get much more romantic than sitting on the beach, on a blanket watching the sunset over the sea.
- Back at Arkell House , relax and unwind and take in that invigorating sea air- think alfresco breakfasts and BBQ suppers. Or order the freshest fish For the BBQ at the B and B or on the beach Delicious